Cheap holidays in Cyprus
Find a cheap flight to Cyprus with just one click
Finding cheap holidays in Cyprus is nowhere near as easy as it was 10 years ago.
I remember when Al and first came to the island back in 1998 and ate out for just a few Cypriot pounds every night. We spent the days exploring and often grabbed a bite to eat in a remote village taverna, astonished at how much food you were given for less than £5.
Sadly, times have changed and, with the island joining the EU in 2004 and then adopting the Euro as its form of currency in January 2008, prices for the average British holidaymaker seem very high...not to mention the local ex-pat community, many reliant on their UK pension paid in GBP sterling to survive.
But we do now have low cost airline flights to the island via Easyjet and that in turn has meant good deals being available from the charter airlines too. You just need to choose the right time of year to visit.
And here's where I come in - read on for my cheap holidays in Cyprus tips.
Summer Holidays in Cyprus
It never ceases to amaze me that the vast majority of visitors to Cyprus come in the HOT (think sizzling 35-40 degrees) summer months (mid June to end August) which is the most expensive time to visit the island.
In July and August:
So how DO you plan a cheap Cyprus vacation?
Here are my best tips to save money on your Cyprus holiday:
- Families often have no choice but to travel in July and August, but if you don't have kids, avoid those months! They are not the only months with guaranteed sunshine.
The weather is still gloriously sunny almost every day in May/June and Sept/October, flight and accommodation prices are cheaper and you will often find bargain holidays to Cyprus in these months too.
- Some people like to book their Cyprus holidays well in advance to be sure of a flight from a regional airport or to get the right accommodation choice. But if you normally leave things to the last minute, it's worth thinking about planning your holidays
a little more than usual.
For example, take cheap airfares, Cyprus is over four hours flying time from the UK so a difficult destination for most low cost airlines as they tend to stick to flight destinations a maximum of three hours away. While Easyjet of course now fly here, their cheapest flights are on a first come first served basis, though getting the cheap seats really does make your cheap holidays in Cyprus easier.
But if you want a last minute break and need to book at the last minute I'd suggest you take a look at some of the charter travel companies as well as checking flight only prices with low cost airlines like Easyjet.
Thomson for example, often has late flight bargains to Cyprus dependent on their sell-through on holiday package deals AND they now offer great all inclusive packages which are sometimes so cheap, it's worth booking one just for the flight, then eating out in the evening if you don't like the hotel food! See my late holiday deals page for the latest offers.
- Look for a cheap Cyprus hotel on travel websites specialising in hotel bookings, like Hotels Combined.
- For ultra cheap holidays in Cyprus, if you don't mind roughing it a little, book a BUDGET HOTEL ROOM with Hostelbookers. Rooms tend to be in low-grade hotel apartment type accommodation but if you just want a place to sleep at night...
- Don't get ripped off by unscrupulous taxi drivers. If you need a taxi from the airport PRE-BOOK your taxi online with our easy to use online taxi booking service.
- Shop around for the best foreign exchange rates by checking rates at various locations including online currency exchange brokers. Remember also that FREE commission usually means that the actual commission is just hidden within an often poor Euro exchange rate. See our page on foreign exchange currency rates for more information.
- If you're planning a special interest holiday in Cyprus like diving, cycling, hiking or fishing, think about asking your tour company for advice on cheap places to stayin Cyprus and/or cheap car rental in Cyprus.
This is especially true if your specialist tour company is based in Cyprus as they will haveclose contacts with other local businesses and can often get you a great deal.
- If you are self catering, don't just head for the nearest big supermarket to get your groceries.
Whilst prices are cheaper for many items, branded goods that you are used to will almost certainly cost a LOT more eg. Flora spread, butter, cheddar cheese or UK branded cleaning products.
Tips for Cheap Holidays in Cyprus
My tips for cheap holidays in Cyprus on a self catering basis are:
- Buy the Cypriot brand equivalent - it is ALWAYS cheaper!
- Try something different - buy Cypriot food like salads, pork (very cheap!), halloumi or feta cheese rather than cheddar
- Eat lots of fruit and vegetables - stick to seasonal produce grown in Cyprus (look for the Kypros label at the froutaria = fruit market) for the cheapest ingredients.
- Finally, for really cheap holidays in Cyprus, why not visit during the low season months. From November to March there is a greater likelihood of rain, but most of the time, the weather is fantastic and best of all, flights, accommodation and car hire is all very VERY cheap.
For example. you can get an apartment around £250 per week, car hire around £55 per week, a bargain flight for about £100 and all you need is maybe £100 per person for spending money, a holiday for two in Cyprus could cost as little as GBP£300 per person.
Now that's what I call a bargain, Cyprus style.
I'll keep a close eye on prices of flights, accommodation and car hire in Cyprus to keep you up to date with the latest bargains. So bookmark this page or subscribe to our RSS feed (click the orange button on the left) so you know when there's a new page added that's related to cheap holidays in Cyprus.
Kalo Taxithi!Related pages:
Package deals from local regional airports
Best Foreign Exchange Currency Rates
Cheap Cyprus Travel Insurance
Cheap Winter Holidays in Cyprus
Best Cyprus Beaches
101 Things to Do in Cyprus
Cheap One Way Flights
Cheap Last Minute Holidays
Last Minute.com Holidays to Cyprus
All Inclusive Cyprus Holidays
HOME| SITEMAP | CONTACT | ABOUT| SITE POLICIES| FINANCIAL FREEDOM
VILLAS| HOTELS| ONLINE TAXI BOOKINGS| CHEAP FLIGHTS| CAR HIRE
Powered by Site Build It!
Return from Cheap Holidays in Cyprus to Home
New! Comments Have your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.