Need a good Cyprus map?
A Cyprus map is a must-have if you want to explore this beautiful island.
There are so many maps available, some good (clear and easy to read), some bad (hard to read and poor scale) and some that are VERY out of date.
Tips for choosing a good map of Cyprus:
- Tip 1: The CTO (Cyprus Tourism Office) offices across the island have FREE mapsof both the whole island and the major towns (Lefkosia, Larnaca, Lemesos, Paphos and Polis).
In our view, these areas good, if not better, than any other map of Cyprus you can buy, particularly if you want to see a town or an area in detail.For a FREE version of the Dept of Lands and Surveys map of Cyprus
The map will appear blurred but just click on an area of the map and the detail will be revealed.
NB: The best scale on any of the CTO maps is 1:60000 (Troodos area) with most being 1:100000 or greater.
- Tip 2: If you are a walker or cyclist and need a more detailed map of Cyprus, for example showing accurate contour lines,
you will be disappointed.
There is no OS (Ordnance survey) standard map of Cyprus available at a scale of 1:25000 or 1:50000.
For walking or cycling, we recommend the FREE CTO maps.
Here's what the Paphos map looks like.
Click on the map to see the detail.
- Tip 3: If you are planning to venture off the main roads, be advised that the yellow "tracks" shown on the free
CTO maps are often bumpy and are sometimes impassable, especially in forest areas
after the heavy winter rains.
Make sure you hire a 4x4 vehicle!
- Tip 4: Not all the tracks in remote areas such as the forest or the Akamas are shown on maps of Cyprus. Expect to get
lost if you are a keen explorer, or consider hiring a
if you are planning to cycle in the remote forest areas.
- Tip 5: Google Earth is an excellent resource and the scale of the satellite image for Cyprusis much better than many other places in Europe.
Check out this interactive Google Earth map example of Latchi/Polis.
- Tip 6: Planning to tour the island by car? We recommend the Selas range of maps, available to buy at most kiosks and supermarkets across the island.
See a sample from their map of Cyprus:
They even do a 3D Cyprus map - great for walkers and cyclists!
OK, Cyprus map tips over, click on the links below to find the map you're looking for - these are the Free CTO Cyprus maps:
Troodos area EAST map
Troodos area WEST map
Ayia Napa map
Getting Around/Car Hire
Driving in Cyprus
Driving in the Wild West!
HOME| SITEMAP | CONTACT | ABOUT| SITE POLICIES| FINANCIAL FREEDOM
VILLAS| HOTELS| ONLINE TAXI BOOKINGS| CHEAP FLIGHTS| CAR HIRE
Powered by Site Build It!
Return from Cyprus map to About Cyprus