Here's my top 10 list
Things to do in Polis and Latchi
Don't miss out on the best things to do on the north west of the island. Use my top 10 list of things to do in Polis and Latchi to help you plan your holiday:
- The last coastal area in southern Cyprus to remain untouched by development
- A perfect haven for wildlife and flora
- A MUST for any keen walker or mountain biker
2 - Visit Latchi harbour
- Take a stroll along the marina
- Sample some freshly caught fish in one of the tavernas
- Just watch the world go by...
3 - Discover Neo Chorio village
- A wonderful example of a typical old Cyprus village
- See old houses restored in traditional stone
- Watch old ladies weaving in the traditional way
- Visit the village pottery shop
- Enjoy authentic home cooked food at our
4 - Boat along the Akamas
- Choose an organised trip with a BBQ lunch cooked on board - book at the harbour
- Or hire a private speed boat - it's good value for a small group
- Don't forget your swimming costume for that dip in the blue lagoon!
- Tip: Local residents receive a discount - just ask at Latchi harbour when you book
5 - Try a new watersport
- Scuba diving in the clear waters along the Akamas
- Water ski behind a jet boat
- Maybe sea-kayaking or even paragliding?
- All these watersports can be found down in Latchi.
6 - How about a land based activity?
- Go karting at the circuit between Polis and Argaka
- Mountain biking - contact the
- Walking - explore the Akamas on a guided hiking tour or the tranquil pine forest above Argaka
- Chill out at a local spa, either the luxurious Anassa near Latchi or the more tranquil healing spa with sulphur pools at Ayii Anargyri at Miliou, 20 minutes drive from Polis.
7 - Take a picnic and drive to one of the forest picnic sites:
- Agios Merkurious - near Argaka and the Makounta dam
- Livadi - situated above Pomos village
- Smigies - the most popular picnic site, near Neo Chorio on the Akamas peninsula
8 - Visit a local winery:
9 - Drive up to Peristerona village and discover:
- The Peristerona gorge - spectacular views and great for scrambling!
- The Byzantine museum - beautiful icons from around the area, all kept in a climate controlled environmentto protect them - some are over 600 years old
- The Evretou dam - the largest irrigation dam in the area located just below the village
- The new museum in Steni en route to Peristerona
10 - Go on an adventure to Cedar valley
- A new tarmac road now takes the pain out of getting there (via Panagia)
- Make sure you walk up to Tripylos from the picnic site in Cedar valley - the views from 1362m are spectacular
- Stop at a monastery to sample the "home brew" (wine!) on the way back - Chrysorrogiatissa or Ayia Moni
- And stop in Panagia to see where Archbishop Makarios was born
Back to top of Top 10 list Things to do in Polis
Villas in Latchi
Anassa luxury hotel in Latchi
101 things to do in Cyprus
HOME| SITEMAP | CONTACT | ABOUT| SITE POLICIES| FINANCIAL FREEDOM
VILLAS| HOTELS| ONLINE TAXI BOOKINGS| CHEAP FLIGHTS| CAR HIRE
Powered by Solo Build It!
Return from Top 10 list Things to do in Polis to Travel Tips