Top 10 List Things to Do in Polis
Here's my top 10 list things to do in Polis and Latchi in beautiful north west Cyprus.
Explore the beautiful Akamas Peninsula
Don't miss out on the best things to do on the north west of the island. Use my top 10 list things to do in Polis and Latchi to help you plan your holiday here:
Number 1 - Explore the Stunning Akamas Peninsula
- The last coastal area in southern Cyprus to remain untouched by development
- A perfect haven for wildlife and flora especially in springtime
- A MUST for any keen walker or mountain biker
- A firm favourite with young Cypriots for Quad Bike Tours
Number 2 - Visit Latchi Harbour
- Take a stroll along the marina
- Sample some freshly caught fish in one of the tavernas
- Just watch the world go by...
- Hire a boat or book a boat trip - see below for recommendations
Number 3 - Latchi Blue Lagoon Cruise
- Choose an organised trip with a BBQ lunch cooked on board - my favourite is the Koulla traditional fishing boat
Koulla BBQ Full Day Cruise
- Or hire a private speed boat - it's good value for a small group and Latchi watersports are the experts offering well-maintained boats and excellent safety protocols
Latchi Watersports Boat Hire
- Don't forget your swimming costume for that dip in the blue lagoon!
Tip: Local residents receive a discount - just ask at Latchi harbour when you book
More Top 10 List Things to Do in Polis
Number 4 - Discover Neo Chorio village overlooking Latchi
- A wonderful example of a typical old Cyprus village
- See old houses restored in traditional stone
- Watch old ladies weaving in the traditional way
- Visit the village pottery shop
- Enjoy authentic home cooked food at our favourite village restaurant the Kouppas Tavern run by Mina and Andreas
Number 5 - Try a New Watersport
- Scuba diving in the clear waters along the Akamas
- Water ski behind a jet boat
- Maybe sea-kayaking or even parasailing?
- All these watersports and more can be found down in Latchi harbour in my top 10 list things to do in Polis and Latchi.
Number 6 - How about a land based activity instead?
- 4x4 Quad Biking on the Akamas - the hottest trend for the youngsters and oldies alike!
- Mountain biking or road cycling high into the cool pine forest areas - contact the local specialists
- Walking - explore the Akamas on a guided hiking tour or the tranquil pine forest above Argaka
- Chill out at a local spa, either the luxurious Anassa near Latchi or the more tranquil healing spa with sulphur pools at Ayii Anargyri at Miliou, 20 minutes drive from Polis.
Number 7 - Take a picnic and your 4x4 to one of the tranquil picnic/BBQ sites in the forest areas
- Agios Merkourios - near Argaka and the Makounta dam
- Livadi - situated above Pomos village
- Smigies - the most popular picnic site, near Neo Chorio on the Akamas peninsula
Number 8 - Visit a Local Winery
- Vasilikon winery at Kathikas
- Kolios winery at Statos Agios Fotios near Panagia
- Vouni winery at Panagia
- Tsangarides winery in Lemona
Number 9 - Drive to Peristerona Village to see...
- The Peristerona gorge - spectacular views and great for scrambling!
- The Byzantine museum - beautiful icons from around the area, all kept in a climate controlled environment to protect them - some are over 600 years old
- The Evretou dam - the largest irrigation dam in the area located just below the village
- The traditional museum in Steni en route to Peristerona - great to see how Cypriots used to live just 50 years ago!
Number 10 - Go an Adventure to Cedar valley
Tranquil Cedar valley in the Troodos
- A new tarmac road now takes the pain out of getting there (via Panagia)
- Make sure you walk up to Tripylos from the picnic site in Cedar valley - the views from 1362m are spectacular
- Stop at a monastery to sample the "home brew" (wine!) on the way back - Chrysorrogiatissa or Ayia Moni
- And stop in Panagia to see where Archbishop Makarios was born