A delightful fishing harbour and marina...
Latchi Cyprus, otherwise known as Lakki or Latsi dependent on which map you are using!
Once a tiny fishing harbour, Latchi, Cyprus has grown considerably over the past couple of years, yet still retains its unique charm. It is situated on the north west of the island close to the Akamas peninsula.
Latchi is named after the old Greek word for water hole or well - "lakki".
Many years ago, local farmers would bring their livestock down from the hills en route to market and stop for a coffee at Latchi. There were several "lakkis" available for their animals to get fresh water...and so the little town got its name
What you will Find in Latchi
New (and old) arrivals in Latchi today include:
- the brand new marina
- smart tavernas with welcoming stone fronts and sparkling new interiors, some brand new like Molos (my current favourite)
- cafe bars like Zouk and beach-side venues outside some of the tavernas
- the familiar enticing aroma of fresh fish, emanating from every restaurant, sizzling on the grill
- take-away fish and chips from the "chippie" called Tammy's
- and even the disco (yes Latchi DOES have one) has had a recent facelift - it's for sale too if you fancy taking on a new business venture!
Things to do in Latchi
- sample the best fresh fish on the island
- relax on the beach which stretches either side of the central harbour area
- head for the
5km away, for walking or
- try some watersports - there are several companies offering a wide variety of watersports and diving packages as well as one company offering a comprehensive set of RYA (Royal yachting Association) courses aswell.
- Book a walking or cycling tour with
to see the parts other tourists never reach
- hire a boat to explore the rugged coastline or book a boat tour (we recommend the Koulla, a lovley old fishing boat, which offers a BBQ on board as part of the package - book your tour at the harbour or telephone the owner Christina on 99675306 if you'd like to book direct.)
When to visit Latchi Cyprus
Latchi is obviously at its busiest in the summer months and although it is quiet in the low season from November to March, it is the perfect time to visit if you are an outdoor enthusiast.Where to stay in Latchi Cyprus
£££££ The Anassa, a spa hotel - gorgeous but very expensive and not close to the harbour if you want to walk out in the evening
£££ Souli hotel - Excellent location at the far end of the beach and only a few minutes walk into town. It also has a smart upmarket restaurant open in the summer months only.
££ Y&P Latchi hotel - Brand new and our #1 favourite. Right next to the best (in our opinion) fish taverna in Latchi. It's also one of the most popular tavernas with all the locals...Our verdict:
Latchi, Cyprus is a great place to stay if you want a relaxing break and it's also a GREAT place to live. You could even build your dream home here on a hillside overlooking the bay :)
Villas in Latchi
Hotels in Polis
Anassa Hotel, Latchi
HOME| SITEMAP | CONTACT | ABOUT| SITE POLICIES| FINANCIAL FREEDOM
VILLAS| HOTELS| ONLINE TAXI BOOKINGS| CHEAP FLIGHTS| CAR HIRE
Powered by Solo Build It!
Return from Latchi Cyprus to Cyprus Towns