Learn to Waterski in Cyprus
Have fun on the water and learn to waterski in Cyprus.
Water skiing can be enjoyed pretty much all year round in sunny Cyprus.
It's an ideal sport to learn in the summer months whether on holiday or if you live on the island permanently. It can also be enjoyed in the cooler winter months.
Ok so you might need a wetsuit from January to early April when the sea temperature is a little cooler after the winter rains but it's lovely and warm the rest of the time and in high summer, the sea temperature on the Akamas coastline is as high as 30 degrees! It's like learning to ski in a warm bath!
There are plenty of companies across the island offering all kinds of watersports including water skiing. We'd recommend learning to waterski on the Akamas coastline. There are several companies there including the big one Latchi watersports who offer the full range including diving, water skiing, wakeboarding, sailing, para sailing and jet skiing.
It can be daunting for first timers learning to ski especially if the water is a little rough so here are some tips:
- Try to learn first thing in the morning when the water is calm.
- Make sure you have skis that FIT properly eg. if you are short, you need junior skis which are shorter and also fit your shoe size correctly!
- You can learn on a training bar where you hold onto the bar to get used to the feel of being on the water.
- Or you can start to learn to waterski straight in the water by holding the rope between the skis, keeping the skis parallel and pointing forward, your arms straight and with your knees pulled into the chest.
- When the boat starts to pull keep those arms dead straight and stay seated until the skis are flat on the water then start to stand up.
Sounds easy right? But I can tell you it isn't! However, if you persevere you will get there along with several lungfuls of sea water!
So have some fun on the water next time you're in Cyprus and learn to waterski!
Related Activity Pages:
Dive in Cyprus
SNOW ski in Cyprus
Walking in Cyprus
Cycling in Cyprus
CONTACT | ABOUT|
ONLINE TAXI BOOKINGS|
Powered by Site Build It!