Try our mountain to coast challenge...
...on this cycle route from Stavros to the sea
Stavros Mountain to Coast ChallengeDIRECTIONS:
- Drive to Stavros tis Psokas forest station and park below the station next to the picnic site.
- Your mountain bike challenge begins at the clearly marked E4 route (which starts just below the small road leading down to the picnic site). Follow it through the forest with the river on your right for about 12km until you reach a small bridge and the E4 joins another track.
- You may well see moufflon on this section of the ride or you might well hear them in the dense forest.
- Turn right after the bridge, go straight on at the next junction and stay on this track, which goes slightly UPHILL, ignoring any No Entry signs, until you reach the main road at Abdoullanous Junction (marked on the map - see our Maps page to download your FREE Paphos area map).
- Then cross the road and follow the signpost marked Ayios Merkurios picnic site.
- After 6 km you reach the picnic site. Take a well earned rest here.
- Finally, follow the track out of the picnic site bearing left DOWNHILL shortly after leaving the picnic area (if you start to go UP you have missed the left hand turn) and follow this track all the way to the Makounta dam.
- Unfortunately, you now have to do a little more uphill after the dam to get to the top of Argaka.
- Follow the track past the dam and you reach a small church. The track opens out into orange groves and you bear right to climb up into Argaka.
- From there it’s all downhill again to the coast and a welcome drink at the Flyagain Inn.
TIP: You will almost certainly need an
service for this ride (where you are taken to the start ofthe ride) otherwise you will have a long journey back to Stavros to get your car after completing your mountain tocoast challenge!
Difficulty: MEDIUM Longer than most medium routes but largely DOWNHILL!
Terrain: Mostly vehicle width forest trails with some rocky sections on the E4 from Stavros
Easy route Drouseia to Latchi Harbour
Medium route Lysos area deserted villages
Cyprus Cycling Holidays
HOME| SITEMAP | CONTACT | ABOUT| SITE POLICIES| FINANCIAL FREEDOM
VILLAS| HOTELS| ONLINE TAXI BOOKINGS| CHEAP FLIGHTS| CAR HIRE
Powered by Solo Build It!
Return from Mountain to Coast Cycle route to Cycling