Cyprus Wedding Planning Legal Requirements
Essential for your Cyprus wedding planning legal requirements are pretty straightforward.
Marriage Cyprus - Legalities and Documents required
Your marriage in Cyprus is perfectly legal in the UK but certain legal requirements must be met before your Cyprus wedding can proceed.
Documents required must be sent at least 6 weeks in advance to your wedding planner in Cyprus if you are using one.
- A passport valid for ten years and not due to expire within six months plus photocopies of all relevant personal information pages.
- A solicitor's document called a Single Status Statutory Declaration confirming that you are free to have your marriage, Cyprus.
Each person must have their own separate document which includes your name, address, religion, passport number, nationality and occupation.
It must also state whether you are single, divorced or widowed and that you are marrying in Cyprus.
Your solicitor must sign and stamp the document. If you are Scottish, a Certificate of No Impediment should be provided instead.
- If you are divorced, a copy of the decree absolute is required or a copy of the marriage enulment if you are Catholic.
- If you are widowed you need a copy of the death certificate.
- If you are under 18, parental consent is required in the form of a letter, signed and stamped by a solicitor.
- Birth certificates - originals.
- If you have changed your name by deed poll, you need proof, signed and stamped by a solicitor.
- Adoption certificates if you were adopted.
- You must be resident in Cyprus for a minimum of THREE working days to ensure you meet your Cyprus wedding planning legal requirements. This does not include your day of arrivalor weekends and public holidays.
Please note that you then need to apply for a special licence (costing £165.00) rather than the normal licence which requires a wait of 15 days before you can get married.
So if you are planning a quick wedding, Cyprus marriage legalities may get in the way.
Then again, Cyprus wedding planning legal requirements used to demand that you stayed in Cyprus for a minimum of two weeks!
Not such a bad thing though if you want to REALLY enjoy yourself and have your honeymoon in Cyprus as well.
NB You must ensure that you bring ORIGINAL documents as well as your photocopies with you when you arrive for your wedding. Cyprus legalities are straightforward but youwould hate to have come all that way only to find you are missing some vital paperwork!
Cyprus wedding planners
Cyprus Wedding Music
Cyprus weddings on a budgetHoneymoon in Cyprus
Do you need wedding insurance?
Show us your Cyprus wedding pictures!
HOME| SITEMAP | CONTACT | ABOUT| SITE POLICIES| FINANCIAL FREEDOM
VILLAS| HOTELS| ONLINE TAXI BOOKINGS| CHEAP FLIGHTS| CAR HIRE
Powered by Site Build It!
Return from Cyprus Wedding Planning Legal Requirements to Getting Married