Cyprus is an island of so many contrasts, all of which you can see in the different Cyprus towns on the island.
Here's my quick run-down of the main attractions in each town:
- If you are looking for modern, bustling towns and cities, head for Lefkosia (Nicosia) or Lemesos (Limassol).
- For nightlife and beautiful sandy Cyprus beaches, aim for Ayia Napa near Larnaca, the Ibiza of Cyprus.
- Lovers of ancient mythology and hidden tombs should head for Paphos, listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage site. You can get a great cheap holiday to Cyprusin Paphos.
- For cool mountain hide-aways, the Troodos town of Platres is an excellent choice but don't expect it to be busy unless you visit in August.
- Or for a unique, unspoilt vision of the REAL Cyprus, head for the north west to Polis and Latchi - my favourite outdoor paradise.
The countless hillside villages in between and above the major resorts in Cyprus are a must for adventurous explorers if you want to catch a glimpse of Cyprus as it was 50 years ago.
You won't find many mod cons in the old villages, although you WILL sometimes see little old ladies with a mobile phone in their hands...The mobile phone network is VERY cheap in Cyprus as most remote villages do not have any land line telephones.
Discover which part of Kypros YOU want to see more of with my tips on what to do and where to stay as well as some hints on what you will find in the various towns when you get there.
Just click on the links below:
Bed and Breakfasts
HOME| SITEMAP | CONTACT | ABOUT| SITE POLICIES| FINANCIAL FREEDOM
VILLAS| HOTELS| ONLINE TAXI BOOKINGS| CHEAP FLIGHTS| CAR HIRE
Powered by Site Build It!
Return from Cyprus Towns to Where to Stay page